East Sussex County Council’s Active Access for Growth Programme
Three officers and five delivery partners are available to help East Sussex residents in our focus areas to explore how walking, cycling or public transport can help you go places. There will be a particular focus on targeting those that are currently inactive, that are struggling to access work opportunities, with the aim to broaden employment and training horizons and support greater access to educational opportunities.
Activities offered will include :
- Active Steps a 10-week cycling programme
- Cycle/Electric Cycle Loan Schemes
- School cycle activities and challenges
- 'Walk Doctors’ – Journey planning
- Active Travel Maps
- Walking challenges and pledges
- Independent travel training and public transport
- Independent Travel Training and transition activities for secondary schools
Exploring the South Downs:
- Led walks and rides in the South Downs National Park
- Walking & Cycling Leader Training
To find out all about the Active Access for Growth Programme and the services offered, please visit: Active Access for Growth
East Sussex Pedal Power
Delivering access to bikes and accessories for up to six months.
The Pedal Power scheme is provided by Active Cycling Projects.
East Sussex Wheels2Work
Helping people to access employment, education and training through a subsidised scooter and motorcycle rental scheme
Sussex Community Rail Partnership
Delivering independent train travel training